Abroad for Studies After 12th: Do you plan to pursue your higher education abroad and are you exploring options for International qualifications after the 12th? Are you sieving and filtering options to jot down details like when to apply, how to apply, selection criteria and process, exams that you need to appear for, courses/programs available at various universities, etc?
Your quest must have led you to browse through various websites that might not be able to satiate the queries you have?
It’s here that we extend our hands to assist answer all your queries and doubts about abroad for Studies after 12th, overseas education opportunities with various International Universities, colleges, and institutes of renowned academic and professional rapport.
1. Benefits of Abroad for Studies After 12th
At the onset, the notion of Abroad for Studies After 12th might seem like venturing into uncharted waters and will feel a bit scary and complicated. However, studying abroad isn’t as complicated as it seems to be, and a growing number of Indian students are opting for higher education abroad. Even there are so many Scholarships Study Abroad by the Indian Government which provide an opportunity to study abroad and a report by the consulting firm Redseer found that the number of Indian students going abroad for higher studies grew exponentially from 440,000 in 2016 to 770,000 in 2019 and will likely increase to 1.8 million by 2024.
Even there are so many Scholarships to Study Abroad by the Indian Government
As the world is progressing towards a cosmopolitan era, students all over the world are no longer limited by territorial boundaries to attain the education that best fits their competencies and future aspirations. Various leading universities around the world offer courses and programs to foreign students while providing them the opportunity to study among the top students coming from diverse cultures around the world. In this globalized and well-connected world, leading employers give higher preference to candidates who have international experience and qualifications.
Studying abroad will also offer you the opportunity to connect with people from all over the world and make friends with a diverse set of people coming from different backgrounds and unique cultures. Studying at a foreign university would also require you to travel internationally which in turn will reward you with golden opportunities at exploring the world and delivering on bigger platforms, visit iconic landmarks, and getting to live among and understand people of different cultures.
2. Choosing a University and Course
An important step towards fulfilling your dream to study abroad is to choose a course that suits you well and a university where you would be able to realize your true potential and attain the best education for yourself.
There are various key factors that you need to consider while choosing a course for yourself
- Previous educational backgrounds,
- Your interests and aptitude
- The subject matter of the courses you are choosing from
- Universities that offer the course
Choosing a university is also a tricky decision to make since very often the university you’re aiming for would not offer the course that you have been preparing for. However, most of the leading universities around the globe offer courses in a plethora of subjects and fields, including some unorthodox and unique course structures too.
A few other key factors you would need to consider while looking for the right university for yourself are
- The climate of the country
- Language and culture
- Cost of living and internship opportunities
- Infrastructure and facilities at the campus
- courses and programs offered
- research opportunities
- Cost of study
- The application process, eligibility criteria, and prerequisites.
You can check out our blog about the best countries to study abroad which will help you choose the right study destination for yourself.
3. Exams and Tests
To apply to any university in most English-speaking nations for your higher education, you will have to appear for a language exam that will test your English proficiency. These tests would vary depending on what university you are aiming for and the country the university is in.
A few popular language exams are:-
- IELTS: This is the most popular test for getting admission into universities in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
- TOEFL: This exam is widely accepted at universities in the US and Canada. However, many universities in the UK will not consider your TOEFL score in the admission process.
- PTE: This exam is accepted at some universities in the US and UK. British universities give higher preference to CAE and CPE.
- CELPIP: This exam is accepted by the government of Canada for immigration purposes as well as numerous Canadian universities and colleges for admissions. It is conducted by the University of British Columbia.
Standardized Entrance Exams
Depending on the course you choose, you will be required to appear for a standardized entrance exam to gain admission into a course.
If you are looking for admission into a course immediately after completing 12th grade, you will want to appear for SAT and ACT for admission into undergraduate programs at various international universities.
Some other common entrance examinations are
|Course||Preferred entrance exam|
Exams for Scholarships Abroad for Studies After 12th
Your score in international standardized tests and language tests would be crucial in securing a scholarship for you at leading universities in the world. Various universities offer such scholarships to students who excel at these entrance examinations.
You can find more information about the Exams you will have to take for studying abroad on our website.
4. Admission Process
The process of admission into foreign universities varies depending on the country, the course you are applying for and the university or college you are applying to. However, there are a few standard things that you will have to be prepared for
- Keep your documents ready. Applying to a foreign university would require you to authenticate and translate your relevant documents, mark sheets, etc.
- Work on your letter of Recommendation (LOR) and Statement of purpose (SOP). These are a very important part of your application and must be very well written. CampusTrail helps students and professionals like you to draft a flawless SOP or LOR. Enquire now to get more details.
- Fill out the application forms in October-November, preferably a year before planning to take admission
- Make sure your application is complete and all documents are authenticated.
- Many leading universities will take an interview as a part of the selection process. Consider consulting an expert to help you better prepare for this part of your application at leading universities around the world.
5. Visa Application
To study abroad, you will need to attain a student visa for the country you are seeking admission in. Since a lot of students apply for Visas during the admission season, you would be required to schedule an appointment at the visa office beforehand to avoid any delays in your admission process. Keep your documents ready and fill out your application in time.
Some documents that you will need to apply for a student visa are:
- Letter of Acceptance or an Offer letter from a recognized University or college.
- Bank statement and other details
- Receipts of payment of your application
Set out on Your Journey Abroad for Studies After 12th
Prepare for your travel, and arrange for accommodation during your stay abroad. Exchange your currency, get some good books to read through your flight, and set out on this amazing adventure of your life. Explore what this world has to offer to you, and what you can give back to the world. Remember to stay focused on your goals and work towards realizing your full potential.
CampusTrail offers assistance to students and professionals wishing to study abroad. We offer a variety of services ranging from profile assessment, helping you choose the best university for your higher education, financial assistance to Admission assistance, and hassle-free visa guidance. Visit our website now to solve all your queries about study abroad options and connect to us on our social media to stay updated with more study abroad information!