Deakin University announces 30 Million in Scholarships: Deakin University, a leading public university in Victoria, Australia has announced that it will reward meritorious students coming from India with scholarships to help them pursue their higher education in Australia.
The gesture is a continuation of the University’s three-decade-long partnership with India under which it has produced hundreds of brilliant minds. The Vice Chancellor’s Merit scholarships are a part of the University’s “changing lives” initiative. The university supports the education of bright students from India who can be future world leaders and pioneers in their fields.
The scholarships are an addition to the university’s existing scholarships for Indian students, including the Deakin India merit scholarship, which covers 25% of study expenses for Indian students and 20% bursary for onshore students in Australia coming from financially backward backgrounds.
What Costs Does the Scholarship Cover?
The Scholarship will cover the following costs:
- 100% of your tuition expenses as stated on your offer letter.
- On-campus accommodation will be given at its own cost subject to availability.
What are the Eligibility Criteria?
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen with a valid Indian Passport residing in India during the time of the application.
- The scholarship is open for both undergraduate and postgraduate level programs.
- The scholarship is for applicants to the July intake exclusively.
- 85% overall in Year 12 scores of CBSE / ICSE / State Board; OR
- 10 overall in the General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) / A Level; OR
- 32 overall in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP); OR
- 80% overall in an undergraduate degree.
How to Apply to the Deakin Vice Chancellor’s Merit Scholarship for Indian Students
The university will only accept applications made through the authorized agent based in India. You can visit their website deakinuniversity.in/vcscholars to apply or contact them through the mail (email@example.com) or at their South Asia office in New Delhi.
Documents Required to Apply for the Scholarship:
You will need the following documents as a part of your application;
- a personal statement (300 words)
- two references who can comment on your community engagement and/or leadership capacity
- a completed application to study at Deakin including academic transcripts.
The selection process will be highly competitive. In order to stand out, you will have to do more than just meet the eligibility criteria. A strong personal statement highlighting why you deserve this opportunity will be a crucial factor to secure this scholarship. So make sure you prepare a strong application and apply timely.
All the best!